|High School Diploma or equivalent; ability to lift, bend, push and pull up to 50 pounds preferred
Ability to work with students, staff, and business partners as a team member; experience in developmental disabilities field preferred
High School Diploma: $15.00 per hour
Associate’s Degree or Higher: $15.35 per hour to $16.89 per hour
*Internal candidate’s please contact Human Resources with questions related to compensation
|Educational Aide Permit – Ohio Department of Education (can be obtained upon hire); must hold valid Ohio Driver’ License-Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; must meet and maintain Board/Ohio School Plan insurability standards for driving; must successfully complete and maintain van driver training to transport individuals served into the community (can be obtained upon hire)|
● To coach students in increasing the independence and skills necessary to obtain competitive employment.
● To lead a community work site with up to four interns and document job performance on each intern using approved data collection tools.
● To assist with academic activities in a small group or one-on-one as assigned by the instructor.
● To assist in monitoring IEP goal progress.
● To provide employability skills coaching using approved curriculum as assigned by the instructor.
● To encourage a safe environment that is conducive to learning.
● To complete, submit/utilize reports and forms as the position requires (Google Suite).
● To maintain confidentiality.
● To participate in Employment Planning Meetings for those interns you have worked with twice a year to discuss current job rotation, strengths, and needs.
● To implement behavior plans as requested by the instructor.
● To develop scaffolded tasks at work sites to contribute toward the outcome of employment.
● To confer with instructor to develop and coordinate accommodations and adaptations needed at work sites.
● To be available for team meetings and planning.
● To problem solve at the work site as challenges arise.
● To communicate regularly with the instructor, interns, and business partners.
● To perform other tasks, consistent with the position, as may be assigned.
Additional Working Conditions:
Occasional: Exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue, irritating chemicals, unruly children/adults, fumes, electrical hazards; attends functions or performs duties outside normal working hours.
Periodic: Exposure to construction hazards, extreme heat or fire, hazardous chemicals, heavy equipment, loud noise, dust; travels to and gains access to worksite.
This position contributes to the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled