Applying for Services

If a person has disabilities or is suspected of having a disability and lives in Franklin County, that individual or a parent/guardian can apply for services.

Birth to age 3

Help Me Grow of Franklin County is the first contact for families of children 0-3 years old.  Families or others may call (614) 227-9860 to get started.

Once basic information is received, Help Me Grow will determine if an evaluation and assessment is needed to identify if the child has a disability.  If evaluation and assessment are needed, Help Me Grow will schedule with the family.

If a condition is identified that has a high probability of resulting in a developmental delay, a referral for services provided by the Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities can be made through Help Me Grow.

Age 3 and above

For individuals ages 3 and above, contact the Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities Intake Department at (614) 342-5490 or complete an online application.

Once basic information is received, a representative from the Intake department will review the documentation and contact the individual or family for additional information and/or to schedule a face to face meeting.