Service Coordination staff ensure that on an annual basis, each eligible individual’s needs are assessed and an Individual Service Plan (ISP) is developed utilizing person centered planning strategies. They assist in the implementation of that plan and provide linkage and coordination of supports and services in doing so. Additionally, Service Coordinators provide assistance and guidance to individuals and families on topics such as Social Security benefits, guardianship, Medicaid, Home and Community Based Waivers and waiting lists, to name a few.
The role of a Service Coordinator/Service and Support Administrator (SSA)This link opens a pdf in a new tab. includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Serve as the primary point of coordination in order to ensure the coordination of services and supports.
- Complete and obtain assessments, at least annually, to identify what is important to and for the individual and likely risks.
- Develop, review and revise, at least annually, an Individual Service Plan (ISP) that identifies outcomes that are important to and for individuals and his or her family.
- Encourage self-determination and self-advocacy to enable individuals to effectively indicate their own interests, desires, rights and needs.
- Assist individuals in choosing providers, ensuring free choice of provider.
- Establish and maintain contact with all team members – individual, natural supports, providers, etc., in order to ensure that desired outcomes identified in the ISP are met.
- Complete individualized continuous reviews to ensure that ISPs are developed and implemented.
The Service Coordination Department receives reports of Major Unusual Incidents (MUIs) involving individuals who have developmental disabilities. Service Coordinators participate in investigations and monitor individuals to minimize or prevent further incidents.
The Intake Department of FCBDD is located within the Service Coordination Department. Learn how to enroll for FCBDD services or call 614-342-5490 with questions.
The Service Coordination Department has a twenty-four hour on-call system to facilitate response to emergency situations. The Service Coordination Department can be contacted by calling 614-464-2743.