The Discovery Assistant is responsible for providing support to high school students (ages 15-21) as they complete job exploration sessions at local businesses.
The summer program runs from 7/6/21 to 8/6/21. During this time, the Discovery Assistant will work Monday thru Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Complete required Transition to Work Summer Program trainings.
• Work with Discovery Specialists to implement the Career Discovery Process.
• Support students as they learn job skills, social skills, and community accessibility strategies.
• Provide supervision and personal care as outlined in students’ Individual Specific Plan.
• Provide students with transportation to and from community job exploration sessions in an agency van or personal vehicle.
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to provide instruction and engage students.
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize.
• Friendly and outgoing personality to build a rapport with students and their families.
• High degree of patience, compassion, and empathy.
• Self-motivated and self-directed.
• Ability to successfully work as part of a team.
• Strong ethics and values.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Have a minimum of 1 year experience engaging with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, preferred.
• Valid driver’s license with 5 or fewer points and reliable transportation.
• Must be CPR & First Aid certified or able to obtain certifications prior to July 2021.
• Meets physical requirements of the position.
• Services will be primarily provided in the community.
• The base location for the summer program will be at West Central School, 1481 W Town St, Columbus, OH 43223.
• Walking & Standing 55%
• Lifting 5%
• Pushing 5%
• Pulling 5%
• Sitting 30%
ADD will make employment decisions based upon factors such as performance, abilities, talent, effort, and results. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status or other legally protected status.
To apply please visit this link: Discovery Assistant – Transition To Work Summer Program – Columbus, OH – Hattie Larlham Central Jobs (hirecentric.com)