The Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities believes that individuals who have developmental disabilities and their families have:
- The same basic rights and responsibilities as other citizens of the community.
- The right to develop their abilities to the fullest extent possible and to be involved in determining the supports and services needed.
- The right to be informed of services available in a manner which provides maximum understanding, as well as the right to refuse programs or services.
- The right to participate in the community.
- The right to take reasonable risks.
- The right to be protected from exploitation, abuse and degrading treatment.
- The right to be treated with dignity and respect.